Interested in a stall at the Wangaratta Farmers’ Market?
- The WFM is an authentic market which operates with Guidelines from the VFMA.
- All products are grown by and sold to you by the Farmer on the day.
- Onsellers are not accepted in the market.
- Please speak with a WFM member before applying as there may not be a stall available.
We are very happy to answer your questions and if you are working towards growing or producing a product we are also happy to assist you.
Are you accredited?
Accredited farmers’ markets provide an opportunity for our farmers to sell direct and take full credit for their efforts. By shopping at authentic farmers’ markets customers are guaranteed access to quality, freshly harvested produce whilst supporting local farmers and directly putting money back into regional Victorian communities.
If you would like to apply to have a stall at one of our markets you’ll need to be a member of the Victorian Farmers Market Association (VFMA) and considering accreditation with the VFMA. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns about this.
- Farm based fruit & vegetables
- Farm based meat, dairy, fish & eggs
- Speciality maker
The VFMA Promise: To support local farmers by inspiring and enabling Victorians to buy fresh, wholesome, locally grown produce from VFMA Accredited Farmers’ Markets.
Ready to Apply?
If the next step is your application please read our WFM Guidelines (will be available here very soon!)
- The WFM runs on the 2nd Saturday of the Month rain, hail or shine!
- Bump In commences at 6.30am
- You are expected to supply your own 3x3m Marquee with weight bags for the corners tables & chairs and display items etc.
- The WFM does have spare marquees for new producers testing the market before joining and these can be rented for nominal fee.
Consider how your product fits in the WFM?
As you can appreciate the importance of getting the mix of producers in the market right is essential. Primary produce which is in local season is of great importance and are assessed by the committee on application to see how many similar/same products are already in the market & whether more of the same can be supported.
Artisan and value added products are also closely assessed those using VFMA producers products in the making will be given priority.
Other things to consider:
- Does your business sell online, through retailers, at a farmgate, to box schemes etc?
- Will your customers be able to order in advance?
- Are cash sales the only form of payment you will accept?
- Do you have EFTPOS facility or pre-ordering system.
Are you new to the Farmers’ Market experience?
The WFM Committee are happy to answer your questions and put you in touch with relevant information to assist your application and set up. After reading and digestion all this information if you are ready to take the next step, please Contact Us.